These cupcakes are soooo good. They're not your standard cupcakes - there's no dollop of frosting on top. But they're not necessarily muffins either. They have a chocolate-y banana base, with a chocolate chip, cream cheese layer on top. The combination? Perfect!
Black Bottom Banana Cupcakes
Makes 18 cupcakes
Cream Cheese Mixture Ingredients:
8oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 small banana, pureed
1 tsp vanilla
8 oz. (1 cup) semisweet chocolate chips
Chocolate Mixture Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup cocoa
1 cup sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 large bananas, pureed
1/3 cup oil
1 tsp vanilla
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two cupcake pans with 18 liners.
Cream Cheese Mixture Directions:
1. Beat cream cheese and sugar until nice and fluffy.
2. Add banana, egg and vanilla, and mix together until combined.
3. Stir in chocolate chips and set aside.
Chocolate Mixture Directions:
1. Sift together flour, cocoa, sugar, soda, and salt using a wire whisk.
2. Add bananas, oil and vanilla, and mix together on low until combined.
1. Divide the chocolate batter between the 18 liners. Flatten batter slightly to fill the base of the liners.
3. Bake between 25-30 minutes. The cream cheese batter will be slightly moist but be careful not to overcook as the cupcake bottoms can burn.
Check out Bakerella's blog for more details on her use of different linings. I used standard cupcake liners which turned out well.
This post will be participating in the following Linky parties:
Think Pink Sundays * Sundae Scoop * Sunday Showcase Party *Watcha Got Weekend * Family Ever After * Nifty Thrifty Sunday * Making the World Cuter * Home Savvy * Just Something I Whipped Up * Mix It Up Monday * Made by You Mondays *Tuesday Time Out * Sew Cute Tuesday * Talent Tuesday * We Did It Wednesday * Whatcha Baking Wednesday * Anything Goes * Hoo’s Got Talent * Look What I Made * The Trendy Treehouse * It’s a Hodgepodge * Petals to Picots * Spread the Love * Tatertots & Jello