|Assembling the printed pattern|
After I washed and ironed out my fabric I noticed a couple of spots with some age and wear. I kept inventory of those spots when it came time to cut out my pattern. Alas, as I was stitching the front and back together, I found one more small hole that I hadn't noticed. This required me to take in one of the sides about an inch, so I had to adjust the corresponding side to make sure the center pleat was still lined up. In the end, everything worked out fine! If I made it again, I'd make it a little longer and maybe add a collar like some other bloggers have done.
|Alas, it was not a good hair day. You are left with just the blouse.|
Overall, it took me about an hour to whip this top up. It was such a quick and easy sew!