This recipe is soooo easy to make, but looks so impressive. Everyone will think you put a lot off effort into this or that you bought it already made. Regardless, it's a great party appetizer, and one that I make frequently. There are many ingredient variations that you could try: sun-dried tomatoes, honey, etc, but first, you should try this sweet and savory version.
Brie En Croute
Recipe from Paula Deen
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, pre-packaged
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (8-ounce) wheel Brie
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- Crackers, for serving
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Defrost puff pastry for approximately 15 to 20 minutes and unfold.
3. Lay the puff pastry out on a flat surface. Slice off top of rind from brie. Place the brie (rindless side up) in the center of the pastry.
4. In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Saute the walnuts in the butter until golden brown, approximately 5 minutes. Add the cinnamon and stir until walnuts are coated well. Place the walnut mixture on top of the Brie and sprinkle the brown sugar over the mixture.
5. Gather up the edges of the pastry, pressing around the brie and gather at the top. Gently squeeze together the excess dough and tie together with a piece of kitchen twine. If you don't have twine, you can probably just lay over the edges of the puff pastry, so that the brie and mixture is completely covered.
6. Brush the beaten egg over top and side of pastry. Place the brie wrapped in pastry on a cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes until pastry is golden brown.
Serve with crackers.
This post will be participating in the following Linky parties:
Tatertots & Jello * Think Pink Sundays * Sundae Scoop * Sunday Showcase Party *Watcha Got Weekend * Family Ever After * Nifty Thrifty Sunday * Making the World Cuter * Home Savvy * Just Something I Whipped Up * Made by You Mondays *Tuesday Time Out * Sew Cute Tuesday * Talent Tuesday * We Did It Wednesday * Hoo’s Got Talent * Look What I Made * The Trendy Treehouse * Thrilling Thursday * It’s a Hodgepodge * Petals to Picots * Country Momma Cooks