They're your standard thumbprint cookies, but add a little Nutella and sea salt, and it's a whole new level of delicious! The sea salt is optional, but I think it lends a really great flavor to the hazelnut chocolate spread.
Nutella Thumbprint Cookies with Sea Salt
Recipe slightly modified from A Spicy Perspective
Makes approximately 4 dozen cookies
4 sticks (1 lb) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 1/3 cups sugar
1 1/4 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
Approx 1/2 cup of Nutella
Coarse sea salt for sprinkling
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a couple of cookie sheets with parchment paper or silpats.
2. With an electric mixer, cream the butter, sugar, vanilla and salt until smooth. Turn the mixer on low and add the flour a little at a time until it is just combined.
3. Roll the dough into 1oz balls (I used a small cookie dough/ice cream scoop). Place them on the cookie sheets and make a deep indentation in each cookie, with your thumb.
4. Bake for approximately 20 minutes.
4. Place Nutella in a feezer or piping bag. Microwave for approximately 30 seconds until thin. Careful as the bag may be hot! Snip off a corner of the bag and pipe a little Nutella into each cookie center. Sprinkle cookies with a little sea salt. Let cool and enjoy!
This post will be participating in the following Linky parties:
Think Pink Sundays * Sundae Scoop * Sunday Showcase Party *Watcha Got Weekend * Family Ever After * Nifty Thrifty Sunday * Making the World Cuter * Home Savvy * Just Something I Whipped Up * Mix It Up Monday * Made by You Mondays *Tuesday Time Out * Sew Cute Tuesday * Talent Tuesday * We Did It Wednesday * Whatcha Baking Wednesday * Anything Goes * Hoo’s Got Talent * Look What I Made * The Trendy Treehouse * It’s a Hodgepodge * Petals to Picots * Spread the Love * Tatertots & Jello