I’m back to the blogging world! I needed to give myself a few days in the new year to get settled back into work and my regularly scheduled dance classes. Work didn’t disappoint and I’ve been busier than ever! However, I’ve had some time to think about the direction of the blog and my goals for the new year.
First things first: craftiness! I really want to focus on all crafty activities this year. I have a tendency to dive deep into one type at a time, leaving the rest to collect dust. I need to work on this! So here are my crafty blogging goals for 2011:
1. A minimum of one garment per month. I was averaging a bit more by the end of 2010, but because of this my other crafts suffered. I definitely want to continue making clothes, but I’d also love to sew some other things (such as a new quilt or coverlet for our bed).
|One of my quickly multiplying vintage patterns. |
They're like gremlins in water...
2. Continue to develop my sewing skills by trying more advanced techniques. Not only do I want to continue making garments, but I need to work on some more advanced projects. I’d like to start the Ceylon dress by Colette patterns, and some more vintage patterns in more complicated designs. I’m ready to take on the challenge!
3. Work on my yarn stash and utilize some of the amazing patterns at my fingertips. I have some great patterns saved on Ravelry, and some would be really quick, de-stashing projects. I would like to work on both knitting and crocheting with things like more cowls, fingerless gloves, maybe another pair of legwarmers, and yes, that first sweater!
4. Count off my completed cross stitch patterns! I have about three patterns that I’m working on simultaneously right now. I’d like to finish at least two of them before starting another. I did order some great kits and patterns, so I’ll be set for a while but I won’t finish any of them if I just keep starting new cross stitch patterns.
|A project that I would love to start on...|
5. Last, I'd love to make some cross stitch patterns. In my hunt for dancing patterns, I've found a big shortage in the Irish and Scottish category. I'm hoping to try my hand at cross stitch patterns in some dance designs.
|One of the few Highland dance pattern collections I've found.|
I think these are pretty manageable goals. I hope to still participate in other blogs, such as Sew Retro (when relevant), but I don’t want to stretch myself too thin. I’m working on some other personal goals and want to make sure things are reachable. Regardless, I’m excited for what 2011 brings!