|Yes, this tastes as good as it looks|
Recipe from Two Peas and Their Pod
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup butter (1 stick) at room temperature
2 large eggs
1 cup sour cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup chocolate chips
Cinnamon Sugar Topping/Filling
1/4 cup granulated sugar
3 tbsp brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set the dry ingredients aside.
3. Using an electric mixer, cream together the butter and 1 cup sugar until fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add in the eggs, one at a time, beat until smooth. Beat in the sour cream and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
4. Slowly add in the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined. In a small bowl, make the cinnamon sugar topping/filling. Stir together sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Pour half the batter into the prepared cake pan and sprinkle with half the cinnamon sugar and half the chocolate chips. Spoon the remaining batter over the filling, spreading gently. Sprinkle with the remaining cinnamon-sugar and chocolate chips.
|Ready to go into the oven|
5. Bake until golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 40 minutes. Cool to room temperature and serve.
This post will be participating in the following Linky parties:
Tatertots & Jello * Think Pink Sundays * Sundae Scoop * Sunday Showcase Party *Watcha Got Weekend * Family Ever After * Nifty Thrifty Sunday * Making the World Cuter * Home Savvy * Just Something I Whipped Up * Made by You Mondays *Sew Cute Tuesday * Talent Tuesday * We Did It Wednesday * Hoo’s Got Talent * Look What I Made * The Trendy Treehouse * Thrilling Thursday * It’s a Hodgepodge