Anyways, I thought I could move on, but the challenge was looming over my head. It was the last one of 2011. I could totally do this. I spent the beginning of the week cleaning out my sewing room, and revisiting my stashed fabric and patterns. I found three yards of a green silk shantung that I bought over a year ago and matched it up with Butterick 6582. It seemed like the perfect party dress.
I used Colette's sewing handbook instructions on putting in the invisible zipper, and I have to say that I love how it turned out. Every time I look through that book, I find more useful information. I'm looking forward to making up one of the book patterns soon, but until then, I think I may make Peony or Jasmine blouse next.
Fabric: 3 yards of green silk shatung bought at a discount fabric warehouse
Pattern: Butterick 6582; vintage reprint
Notions: Invisible zipper
Anyways, back to Butterick 6582. I went with version A, but had enough fabric left that I can make the shoulder bows later. Instead, I ended up finding a brooch from my collection that matched the green perfectly. Voila! A party dress in time for the New Year! We usually stay pretty low key for New Year, but we are going to the theatre and this dress will be perfect for a night on the town.
|My cat surveying the land, in the background.|