Salted Chocolate Chip Blondies
Recipe from Mountain Mama Cooks
1 3/4 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
14 tbsp butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup butterscotch chips
1 tbsp sea salt
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 13 in baking dish.
2. Whisk flour, baking soda and salt together in a bowl and set aside.
3. Heat the butter in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until melted, about 2 minutes. Continue cooking, swirling the pan constantly until butter is dark goldon brown and has a nutty aroma, approx. 1 to 3 minutes.
4. Remove the skillet from heat and transfer butter to large heatproof bowl. Add both sugars and vanilla to bowl, and whisk until fully incorporated. Add egg and egg yolk and whisk until mixture is smooth and no lumps remain.
5. Using a spatula, stir in the flour mixture until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips and butterscotch chips.
6. Press batter into baking dish. Sprinkle with sea salt. I used just under the 1 tbsp as it was a considerable amount. Bake bars for 20 to 25 minutes, taking care not to overcook or they will be dry. Transfer bars to a cooling rack and cool completely.