Think of all the things that you can make with a large bottle of Bailey's! Cupcakes, brownies, cheesecake. You can use it as creamer in coffee, sip it on its own, or combine with other liquors for a delicious drink.
Now the small bottle. It's awfully cute. But it runs out so fast... Maybe pick one up for decoration. After you polish it off of course.
Lucky for you, these brownies will stretch the use of your Bailey's. They only need 1/4 of a cup.
Recipe slightly modified from How Sweet It Is
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
3 oz. bittersweet or other dark chocolate (not chips but an actual bar or baking squares), chopped
2 cups sugar
1 cup flour
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup Bailey's Irish Cream Liqueur
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a square baking pan (9x9 or similar).
2. Melt butter and chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. This should only take about 45 seconds. Do in a couple of increments so as to not burn the chocolate. Transfer to a mixing bowl and beat for a couple of minutes. Add in sugar and vanilla and continue to mix. The mixture will be grainy, but just keep scraping down the bowl. Mix for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add the eggs, beating in one at a time.
4. Add in the flour and stir until just combined. Stir in the Bailey's. The mixture will be thick.
5. Pour into baking dish and spread until even. Bake for 30-40 minutes. A crisp crust will form on top but use a toothpick to ensure the inside is not raw, but not overdone (standard fudgy brownie consistency).
I actually made these twice. The first time because the original recipe mentioned a 9x13 pan. While they were tasty, they were too thin for my taste. The square pan was just the right size (a little over 1/2 an inch). Because of the crisp top, your first bite starts with a soft crunch and then an ooey, gooey, fudgy center (yes, all three of those things). The Bailey's is just right - a little bit of sweet and the flavor is definitely still there. But the alcohol cooks out, right? Right.
This post will be participating in the following Linky parties:
Tatertots & Jello * Think Pink Sundays * Sundae Scoop * Sunday Showcase Party *Watcha Got Weekend * Family Ever After * Nifty Thrifty Sunday * Making the World Cuter * Home Savvy * Just Something I Whipped Up * Mix It Up Monday * Made by You Mondays *Tuesday Time Out * Sew Cute Tuesday * Talent Tuesday * We Did It Wednesday * Whatcha Baking Wednesday * Anything Goes * Hoo’s Got Talent * Look What I Made * The Trendy Treehouse * It’s a Hodgepodge * Petals to Picots * Spread the Love