Brown Butter and Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe from Table for Two
1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
14tbsp unsalted butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
1 tsp salt
2tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 egg yolk
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup Heath (or similar) toffee pieces
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line baking sheets.
2. Whisk the flour and baking soda together and set aside.
3. In a small skillet over medium-high feet, melt 10 tbsp of butter and continue cooking until the butter is a dark golden brown and has a nutty aroma. Swirl constantly so it doesn't burn. This should take a couple of minutes.
4. Pour brown butter into a heatproof bowl and stir in the remaining 4 tbsp of butter into the bowl, stirring until it's completely melted (it helps if the 4 tbsp of butter are cut into small pieces).
5. In a large bowl, mix both sugars, salt, and vanilla with the butter and beat using an electric mixer until well incorporated. Add the egg and egg yolk and mix until smooth, with no sugar lumps in it.
6. Let the mixture stand for 3 minutes, then beat on high for 30 seconds. Repeat this process 2 more times until the mixture is thick and smooth.
7. Stir in the flour mixture until just combined, then stir in the chocolate chips and toffee bits by hand.
8. Scoop out cookie dough using a medium sized cookie scoop or a spoon - the dough should be about the size of 2 tbsp. Space 2 inches apart on the cookie sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until the edges are crispy and the insides are soft. Let cool slightly before transferring to a wire rack.
This post will be participating in the following Linky parties:
Think Pink Sundays * Sundae Scoop * Sunday Showcase Party *Watcha Got Weekend * Family Ever After * Nifty Thrifty Sunday * Making the World Cuter * Home Savvy * Just Something I Whipped Up * Mix It Up Monday * Made by You Mondays *Tuesday Time Out * Sew Cute Tuesday * Talent Tuesday * We Did It Wednesday * Whatcha Baking Wednesday * Anything Goes * Hoo’s Got Talent * Look What I Made * The Trendy Treehouse * It’s a Hodgepodge * Petals to Picots * Spread the Love * Tatertots & Jello